FLOWER PRICES IN DANGWA SEEN TO INCREASE DUE TO TYPHOON ROSITA
It was a rainy Tuesday at the Manila’s flower capital, Dangwa Flower Market in Sampaloc, Manila.
On Tuesday morning, October 30, only few buyers were seen shopping for flowers and adornments ahead of the annual observance of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day or Undas on November 1 and November 2 respectively.
The early bird shoppers from different provinces travelled all the way to Manila to purchase affordable flower products.
Some of them said they want to avoid the influx of customers and increase in flower prices starting October 31, Wednesday.
Here are prices of flowers in Dangwa as of October 30, Tuesday:
• Different types of mums — ₱200 - ₱250
• Oriental lilies — ₱120/stem & ₱600/bundle
• Sunflower — ₱50/stem & ₱600/bundle
• Carnation — ₱180/dozen
• Gerbera (China) — ₱180/dozen
• Red, pink and white roses — ₱150 - ₱300/bundle
• Orchids — ₱450 - ₱550
• Baby’s breath — ₱80 - ₱100/bundle
• Pre-arranged flowers — ₱150 - ₱500
According to some sellers, flower prices are expected to increase as demand rises, and the impact of Typhoon Rosita to flower-producing areas in the country.
A large number of customers, meantime, are expected to flock the market from October 31 to November 1.